Assam 'Tonganagaon' SFTGFOP1 is an organic black tea from Tonganageon Tea Garden in Assam, Northeast India. The tea carries the SFTGFOP 1 predicate. This is the highest quality predicate granted to Indian tea. The abbreviation stands for 'Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe 1st grade'. The 'golden tips'- like those in this Assam - only appear in carefully processed tea.
- Flavor: a malty, rarely bitter black tea with hints of licorice and a herbal finish.
- Flush: 'second flush', May-June
- Origin: Tonganagaon Tea Garden, Tinsukia, Assam, India
- Cultivar: Camellia Assamica
- Height: 150 meters above sea level
- Oxidation: 100%
- Weight: 100 grams
Tonganagaon Tea Garden
The name Tonganagaon can be traced back to the Hindu god Parashurama. It is said that he carried the axe 'Tongana' and once visited the village of 'Gaon' near the location of the tea garden. Tonganagaon Tea Garden was established in 1927.
brewing time: 4-5 mins. - water temperature: 100ºC - 1 teaspoon per cup