Honduras Strictly High Grown Coffee Beans is a coffee produced by Cafe de Exportacion SA (CADEXSA), having been cultivated at a height of at least 1200 meters above sea level. This results in a rich, complex flavor as the coffee berries ripen more slowly and form smaller beans.
CADEXSA is Hilario Acosta's business. This third-generation coffee grower has expanded the family's fields with a wet mill, a dry mill and an exportcompany: 'Cafe de Exportacion SA' (CADEXSA). CADEXSA is the motor behind a variety of social endeavors in Honduras.These projects range from the organization of medical brigades to agricultural education and supporting education for children within communities of coffee growers.
The Acosta family collaborates with small and medium-sized coffee growers and cooperations.
- Flavor: Fresh flavors of freshly mowed spring grass, Earl Grey tea and cherry plums with a medium to high body. Medium acidity and an intense aroma.
- Bean: Catuai, Caturra, IHCAFE 90, Lempira, Pacas, Typica
- Grade: Strictly High Grown (SHG), fully washed
- Origin: various regions in Honduras between 1200 and 1950 meters above sea level
- Freshly roasted every week in our micro roastery in Rotterdam-West
Honduras as a coffee country
Honduras is a small but powerful coffee producer. It produced the largest amount of coffee per capita worldwide. Since 2017, Honduras has been the third largest global supplier of Arabica beans. Volume-wise, Honduras produces almost on as large a scale as Ethiopia, a country that is ten times the size of Honduras.