White tea from freshly unrolled buds
China White Bud BIO is a white tea picked early in spring when the upper leaves of the tea plant (Camellia Sinensis) are just unfurling. The tea leaves have not been exposed to the sun for long and thus contain little chlorophyll (the dye that makes leaves green). Therefore, they are white in colour and sometimes still contain small white hairs.
Due to the short processing process, this tea is high in antioxidants.
The tea grows near Donggong Mountain in Zhenghe, Fujian, China. The tea comes 100% from Fuijian, the province where white tea originated.
- Flavour: Apricots and orange blossoms. Young, fresh and hay-like. Mineral.
- Certification: organic
- Pick: ‘first flush’, March
- Origin: Fujian, Zhenghe, China
- Altitude: 500 – 1000 m above sea level
- Weight: 50 grams, due to the large, bulky leaves
drawing time: 4-5 min. – water temperature: 80ºC – 1 teaspoon per cup