White tea of freshly unfurling buds
China White Bud BIO is a white tea that is picked early in spring when the top buds of the tea plant (Camellia Sinensis) are only just unfurling. The tea leaves have not been exposed to much sun and so do not contain much chlorophyll (the pigment that colors tea leaves green). The leaves are white in color and can even have some tiny, white hairs.
This tea's short processing time results in a burst of antioxidants.
The tea grows in the vicinity of Donggong Mountain in Zhenghe, Fujian, China. Its origin is 100% Fuijian, the province where white tea originates.
- Flavor: Apricots and orange blossom. Young, fresh, notes of hay and minerals.
- Certification: organic
- Flush: 'first flush', March
- Origin: Fujian, Zhenghe, China
- Height: 500 - 1000 meters above sea level
- Weight: 50 grams because of the large, voluminous leaves
brewing time: 4-5 mins. - water temperature: 80ºC - 1 teaspoon per cup.